Tada...My first successful swiss roll
Dunno how many times i have baked this swiss roll but this time is the most successful one,
so happy when i managed to roll it nicely without crack ^^
the previous attempts all cracked and this may be due to overbake of the cake which turns the cake too dry.
My mum love it very much since she is a pandan-flavour lover and my dad thumbs up too.
But the thing i m not happy with is that the whipped cream is too thick, will cause my tummy bigger n bigger ><
Next time must reduce the amount of the cream
I used pandan paste this time since i dun hav of pandan leaves in my garden, so maybe is a bit artificial,
but just once is no harm right?
Here are more pics of the roll, sorry for poor quality of the pics since my skill in photographing is really ...u know
Why the cake looked like yellowish green? It is green actually.
Here is the recipe: (from carol)
5 egg yolks (A size)
20g sugar (40g)
50ml sunflower oil
1 tsp pandan paste
100g plain flour
1tsp baking powder (can omit this if u don't like it, i omit this)
5 egg whites
30g sugar (50g)
1 tsp cream of tartar (i omit this too)
100 ml of whipping cream
(1) Whisk (A) until sugar dissolved.
(2) Gradually add in (B),mix unitl well combined.(Don't over mix, well combined is enough)
(3) Preheat oven to 170c.
(4) Use electric mixer to whisk (C) until stiff peak formed.
(5) Fold in 1/3 of (4) into (2) using spatula.
(6) Pour (5) into (4) and fold until well combined.
(7) Pour the mixture into lined baking tray ( 28cm x 36cm),spread until even.
(8) Bake for 15 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
(9) Remove from the oven. Transfer it to the wire rack without tearing off the greaseproof paper and let it cool.
(10) Whip the cream until stiff.
(11) When the cake is cool enough , tear off the paper and spread the cream on the surface of the cake.
(12) Roll it up gently and use the paper which u tear off to wrap the whole cake and put in fridge for 4 hours to maintain its shape.
(13) Cut it into slices and serve it.
Note: i reduce the sugar very much from the original recipe.So do increase the total sugar amount as in the bracket)